* New maintainer, on a trial basis. We'll see how it goes. Thanks,
Joey, for four years recently filling the gap; and earlier, for
giving us the software in the first place. Joerg, Goswin, your work
is appreciated (see? it continues to be used). Frans, we still
* Somewhat refactored the code that distinguishes between
* Implemented the option --method=file, which -- besides being useful
in its own right -- may also make testing and debugging easier.
* In the unpacked source, implemented "make -C test", which builds
a small, mock Debian archive against which one can test and debug
* Applied Kees Cook's patch to add a retry cycle for rsync
connection failures, implementing the cycle optionally via the
new, experimental --retry-rsync-packages option.
* Per Joey's advice, did not apply patch 619363 regarding
the --ignore-missing-release option.
* Appreciated patch 628779 to work around an out-of-sync parent
mirror, but did not apply it. Joey explains why in the bug log.
* Noted per Goswin's advice that the Debian archive ceased to ship
uncompressed Packages files about 2006. Whatever trouble debmirror
might once have had with the 2006 transition is ancient history
now, so if a bug remains thereto, it probably affects no one and
won't be fixed.
* Did not yet fix bug #652138. However, refactored the code that
downloads Contents files, with the intent to make this bug
easier later to fix.
* In the debmirror script, as a matter of the new maintainer's
preference, expanded all leading tabs as spaces.