Fix post-installation issues in Diaspora
Created by: JosephKiranBabu
I tested out Diaspora on a Raspberry Pi 2 and observed the following issues. It was behind a router and using a Dynamic DNS.
- Obtaining Let's Encrypt certificate fails because it's unable to connect to diaspora.domainname.tld
- Diaspora federation fails with self-signed or invalid certificates. So this is essential.
- /users is inaccessible - had to be added to the apache conf file
- captcha verification failed, but sign-up went through
- Only failed on my Raspberry Pi. Didn't fail when tested on a laptop.
- domain name is still set to localhost:3000 though the domain name was set before installing diaspora
- Must drop the db and recreate it after setting domain name.
- "bundle exec rake db:drop db:create db:schema:load"
- Doesn't directly work with Postgres
- had to modify the Gemfile in /usr/share/diaspora to set ENV['db'] = 'postgres'
- "dpkg-reconfigure diaspora" was "Killed" by the OS since it was consuming too much resources. (not meant for low-power SBCs like Raspberry Pi 2?)
- "Enable application" checkbox is unchecked when the application is actually enabled.